4 February 2013

My First Quilt

This was the first quilt I ever made.
As you know, I have a passion for recycling fabric, and this Quilt was made with my dad’s old shirts.
The 19 flowers symbolise my parents wedding day, and their lucky number.
It was a very tough year for Dad, that year, fortunately he got well, and those dark days have gone.
So this is it, a Quilt with a lot of meaning, and it was my first one.
Very very Special I shall say

Quarto 028

Quarto 030

Talking about recycling, this next weekend all those fabrics that once upon a time were skirts are going to turn squares.
Today I bought a navy one and actually those 100% wool fabrics are just fantastic, the lady in the charity shop, was talking to me, about what a fantastic skirt I was buying for a bargain price of £3.00
She looked shocked when I told her that I was going to ‘dismantle’ the whole skirt
And then quietly she said: I hope you know what you are doing
I just replied: Let’s hope so Winking smile

2 comments:

  1. Your firt quilt with so much meaning and feelings attached! I loved that detail of the 19 flowers :)

    About the skirted quilt, I'm sure you know very well what you're doing! Can't wait to see it finished

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a Special one indeed Naná. If I didn't put a bit of yellow, it would look a bit boring ;-)

    The quilt made with the skirts, I'm actually looking forward to Saturday, and starting to have a glimpse of what it will look like.

    There's also somebody that usually sits in the sofa, waiting for it ;-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete