20 October 2012

The Art of Mending

‘I make my living as a quilt artist, and for the most part the work I do is commissioned. I charge a hundred and fifty dollars a square foot, not without guilt. But I have a whole days when I stand at my design board moving pieces of fabric around, and I don’t sew a stitch.

Then something clicks, and I hit the machine. The money I charge pays for the thinking time too; I explain this to my customers. And people do pay it, willingly – I have more clients than I can handle….’

The Art of Mending

Elizabeth Berg

 

Absolutely right, exactly how I think, quality rather than quantity.

As one gets older this becomes very much the option when choosing things

This book has all the ingredients to be a good book.

Can’t wait to continue reading it

x

No comments:

Post a Comment